300 mA, Low Dropout
The NCP4683 is a CMOS Linear voltage regulator with 300 mA
output current capability. The device has high output voltage accuracy,
low supply current and high ripple rejection. The NCP4683 is easy to
use, with output current fold−back protection circuit included. A Chip
Enable function is included to save power by lowering supply current.
The line and load transient responses are very good, thus this regulator
is suitable for use as a power supply for communication equipment.
• Operating Input Voltage Range: 1.40 V to 5.25 V
• Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 3.6 V (available in 0.1 V steps)
• Output Voltage Accuracy: ±1.0% (VOUT > 2.0 V)
• Supply Current: 50 mA
• Dropout Voltage: 0.25 V (IOUT = 300 mA, VOUT = 2.8 V)
• High PSRR: 70 dB (f = 1 kHz)
• Line Regulation: 0.02%/V Typ.
• Stable with Ceramic Capacitors: 1.0 mF or more
• Current Fold Back Protection
• Available in UDFN4 1.0 x 1.0 mm, SC−70, SOT23 Packages
• These are Pb−Free Devices
• Battery−powered Equipment
• Networking and Communication Equipment
• Cameras, DVRs, STB and Camcorders
• Home Appliances
XX, XXX, XXXX = Specific Device Code
= Date Code
See detailed ordering, marking and shipping information in the
package dimensions section on page 18 of this data sheet.
Figure 1. Typical Application Schematic
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2016
February, 2016 − Rev. 3
Publication Order Number: