Tri−Mode 200 mA CMOS
LDO Regulator with Enable
The NCP584 series of low drop out regulators are designed for
portable battery powered applications which require precise output
voltage accuracy, low supply current, and high ripple rejection.
These devices feature an enable function which lowers current
consumption significantly and are offered in the SOT23−5 package.
This series of devices have three modes. Chip Enable (CE mode),
Fast Transient Mode (FT mode), and Low Power Mode (LP mode).
Both the FT and LP mode are utilized via the ECO pin.
• Low Dropout Voltage of 300 mV at 200 mA, Output Voltage = 1.0 V
200 mV at 200 mA, Output Voltage = 1.5 V
140 mV at 200 mA, Output Voltage = 3.0 V
• Excellent Line and Load Regulation
• High Output Voltage Accuracy of ±2% (±3% LP mode)
• Ultra−Low Supply Current of:
3.5 mA (LP mode, Output Voltage ≤ 1.5 V)
40 mA (FT mode)
• Excellent Power Supply Rejection Ratio
• Low Temperature Drift Coefficient on the Output Voltage
• Low Quiescent Current of 0.1 mA
• This is a Pb−Free Device*
• Portable Equipment
• Hand−Held Instrumentation
• Camcorders and Cameras
DEV = Device Code
M = Date Code
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 11 of this data sheet.
Vin Vout Vin Vout
Figure 1. Simplified Block Diagram for Active Low
Figure 2. Simplified Block Diagram for Active High
*For additional information on our Pb−Free strategy and soldering details, please download the ON Semiconductor Soldering and Mounting
Techniques Reference Manual, SOLDERRM/D.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2005
July, 2005 − Rev. 2
Publication Order Number: