LIN Transceiver, Dual
The NCV7422 is a two channel physical layer device using the
Local Interconnect Network (LIN) protocol. It allows interfacing of
two independent LIN physical buses and the LIN protocol controllers.
The device is compliant to ISO 17987−4, LIN2.2a, LIN2.2, LIN2.1,
LIN 2.0 and SAEJ2602 standards.
The NCV7422 LIN device is a member of the in−vehicle
networking (IVN) transceiver family.
The LIN bus is designed to communicate low−rate data from control
devices such as door locks, mirrors, car seats and sunroofs at the
lowest possible cost. The bus is designed to eliminate as much wiring
as possible and is implemented using a single wire in each node. Each
node has a slave MCU−state machine that recognizes and translates
the instructions specific to that function.
The main attraction of the LIN bus is that all the functions are not
time critical and usually relate to passenger comfort.
• DFN−14 Green Package (Pb−Free)
• Compliant to ISO 17987−4 (Backwards Compatible to LIN
Specification rev. 2.x, 1.3) and SAE J2602
• Bus Voltage ±42 V
• Transmission Rate 1 kbps to 20 kbps
• TxD Timeout Function
• Integrated Slope Control
• Thermal Shutdown
• Undervoltage Detection
• Bus Pins Protected Against Transients in an Automotive Environment
• Normal Mode: LIN Transceiver Enabled, Communication via the
Bus is Possible
• Sleep Mode: LIN Transceiver Disabled, the Consumption from VBB
• Standby Mode: Transition Mode Reached after Wake−Up Event on
• Pin−Compatible with NCV7329 DFN8 Package
• K−line Compatible
• Wettable Flank Package for Enhanced Optical Inspection
• AEC−Q100 Qualified and PPAP Capable
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
NV7422−0 = Specific Device Code
A = Assembly Location
L = Wafer Lot
Y = Year of Production, Last Number
W = Work Week
G = Pb−Free Package
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the
package dimensions section on page 10 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2018
August, 2019 − Rev. 0
Publication Order Number: