Flat Cable Connectors
Industry Standard Circuit Board
Connectors Conform to MIL Standards
• XG4M-U: Unique locking system, with lock levers on strain
relief / socket instead of on plug, saves 24% of space
• Space-saving Box-type Plugs (XG4C) available.
• Can be used with XG5 IDC Connectors for discrete wires, XG8
Original PCB Plugs, and the XG2 IDC Bus Connectors for PCBs.
• The Original Plugs (XG8) and the Box-type Plugs (XG4C)
can be locked using External XG5Z and XG4Z Lock Levers.
• Conforms to MIL standards (MIL-C-83503).
• UL recognition (file No. E103202)
with lock levers without lock levers
Lock levers on
with lock levers
Box type plug
Board to Board
Note: 1. XG4M can be provided with or without the strain reliefs;
⇒ XG4M-U consists of XG4M-@@3@ socket +XG4U-@@04 strain relief
⇒ XG4M-T consists of XG4M-@@3@ socket + XG4T-@@04 strain relief
2. XG4H PCB mount socket mates with XG4C and XG8W (see XG8 Datasheet) for board to board connectivity without cables.
3. XG5 connectors (see XG5 Datasheet) use discrete wire instead of flat ribbon cable.
4. XG4A PCB mount sockets are available with Long, Short or no Lock Levers.
5. Optional XG4Z-001@ side-lock levers, purchased separately, are available for use with right-angle XG4A versions that don’t include them.
6. Optional XG4Z-0002 and XG5Z-0002 top-lock levers are available for mating XG4M(-T) sockets to XG4C and XG8 plugs.
■ Ratings and Characteristics
MIL Sockets: XG4M
Cable Plug: XG4E
MIL Plugs: XG4A
Box-type PCB Plugs: XG4C
Board to Board Sockets: XG4H
1 A 3 A (See note 1.)
20 mΩ max. (at 20 mV, 100 mA max.)
1,000 MΩ min. (at 500 VDC)
500 VAC for 1 min (leakage current: 1 mA max.)
1.96 N max. per contact
0.39 N min. (with test gauge, t= 0.64 mm)
50 times (See note 2.)
Operating: –55 to 105°C (with no icing)
Note: 1. The rated current will depend on the
Socket you are using. It is 1 A using
the XG4M for example.
2. For standard 0.15-μm gold plating.
Flat Cable Connectors XG4