FPGA smart camera family
Product Brief v1.0
Cameleon is an innovative USB2.0 camera based on FPGA system-on-chip (SOC) technology.
The camera with a powerful HSDK (hardware-software development kit) opens ways for rapid
customization and integration of various digital systems into camera itself. The camera is a ready
made solution, but still open for a user to add his own features if he wishes so.
The true power of FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) over the sequential microprocessor is
a pipelined parallel data processing. Parallelism reduces system clock and power consumption
considerably while boosting processing power. With the latest set of tools from Xilinx (System
Generator and Accel DSP) you can rapidly develop DSP algorithms even in MathWorks Matlab
Key camera features:
• Industrial vision proven CMOS Aptina sensors from VGA to 3 mega pixel
• Up to 3 sensors per one camera perfectly synchronized
• Can capture video or processed information
• Since the image processing is integrated inside the camera the host computer processor is free
for other tasks
• Large 1.6M gates Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA
• 64MB in-camera DDR SDRAM buffer
• USB powered
• 48 additional IO pins for expansion and user programming
• Multiple cameras can be synchronized to an external trigger or to a master camera (strobe)
• Firmware (soft-hw and sw) can be upgraded in a minute
• Full source code of the complete system simplifies integration and enables user to customize
the camera to his needs or to train FPGA SoC designing (research and development)
The camera is sold in two basic configurations: MONO (single sensor) or STEREO (dual sensors).
You can upgrade your camera any time by purchasing additional sensor head.
Cameleon Product Brief v1.0
Optomotive, mechatronika d.o.o., V Murglah 229, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
+386 1 4292914 | email@example.com | www.optomotive.si