GLASS PASSIVATED JUNCTION TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR PEAK PULSE POWER 1500 Watts
BREAK DOWN VOLTAGE
6.8 to 250 Volts
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory Flammability Classification 94V-O
• Glass passivated chip junction in SMC/DO-214AB package
• 1500W surge capability at 1.0ms
• Excellent clamping capability
• Low zener impedance
• Fast response time: typically less than 1.0 ps from 0 volts to BV min
• High temperature soldering guaranteed: 260°C/10 seconds/.375" ,(9.5mm)
lead length/5lbs., (2.3kg) tension
• Lead free in comply with EU RoHS 2002/95/EC directives
• Green molding compound as per IEC61249 Std. . (Halogen Free)
0 . 2 8 0 ( 7 . 11 )
• Case: JEDEC SMC/DO-214AB molded plastic
• Terminals: Axial leads, solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
• Polarity: Color band denotes cathode end
• Mounting Position: Any
• Weight: 0.007 ounce, 0.021 gram
DEVICES FOR BIPOLAR APPLICATIONS
For Bidirectional use C or CA Suffix for types 1.5SMC6.8 thru types 1.5SMC250.
Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Rating at 25°Cambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
Peak Power Dissipation at T =25OC, T =1ms (Notes 1)
Typical Thermal Resistance Junction to Air (Notes 2)
Peak Pulse Current on 10/1000μs waveform (Notes 1)
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3ms Single Half Sine-Wave
Superimposed on Rated Load (JECED Method) (Notes 3)
Operating Junction and Storage Temperature Range
-55 to +150
OC / W
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig. 3 and derated above TA=25°C per Fig. 2.
2. Mounted on Copper Leaf area of 0.79 in2(20mm2).
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave, duty cycle= 4 pulses per minutes maximum.
4. A transient suppressor is selected according to the working peak reverse voltage (VRWM), which should be equal to or greater than the DC
or continuous peak operating voltage level.
PAGE . 1