Approve Sheet Part Number: 3.0SMCJ SERIES
SURFACE MOUNT TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR
VOLTAGE - 5.0 to 220 Volts 3000 Watt Peak Power Pulse
• For surface mounted applications in order to optimize board space.
• Low profile package
• Built-in strain relief
• Glass passivated junction
• Excellent clamping capability
• Low inductance
• Fast response time: typically less than 1.0 ps from 0 volts to BV min
• Typical IR less than 1µA above 10V
• High temperature soldering : 250°C/10 seconds at terminals.
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory Flammability
Case: JEDEC DO-214AB, Molded plastic over passivated junction
Terminals: Solder plated , solderable per MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
Polarity: Color band denotes positive end ( cathode) except Bidirectional.
Standard Packageing: 16mm tape per (EIA-481)
Weight: 0.007 ounces, 0.21 gram
SMC / DO-214AB
Unit: inch ( mm )
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Rating at 25°Cambient temperature unless otherwise specified. Resistive or inductive load, 60Hz.
For Capacitive load derate current by 20%.
Peak Power Dissipation at TA=25°C, TP=1ms(Note 1,2 ,Fig.1 )
Peak Forward Surge Current,8.3ms single half sine-wave
superimposed on rated load (Note 2,3)
Peak Pulse Current Current on 10/1000µs waveform(Note 1,Fig.3 )
Operating and Storage Temperature Range
See Table 1
-55 to +150
1.Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig. 3 and derated above TA=25°Cper Fig. 2.
2.Mounted on 5.0mm2 ( .013mm thick) land areas.
3.Measured on 8.3ms , single half sine-wave or equivalent square wave , duty cycle= 4 pulses per minutes maximum.
PAGE . 3