The DFC10 Series provides power converter solutions to meet
commercial and industrial requirements. With power densities
above 11 watts per cubic inch (0.67 watts per cm3), overcurrent
protection, and five-sided shielded case, the DFC10 meets the
most rigorous needs in an industry standard case size. The
220KHz operating frequency of the DFC10 Series allows an
increased power density while including adequate heat sinking
and input/output filtering. This eliminates the need for external
components in most applications. Full overload protection is
provided by pulse-by-pulse current limiting.
• High Power Density, up to
11 Watts per Cubic Inch (0.67 watts per cm3)
• Efficiencies to 83% (Lower for 3.3V)
• Low Input to Output Capacitance
• 700V Isolation(1544V for 48V Converters)
• Continuous Overcurrent Protection
• 3.3Volt Output Available
• Five-Side Shielded Copper Case
• Extended Input Range (2:1)
Mechanical tolerances unless otherwise noted:
X.XX dimensions: ±0.020 inches
X.XXX dimensions: ±0.005 inches
(1) All parameters measured at Tc = 25°C, nominal input voltage and full rated load unless otherwise noted.
Refer to the Technical Reference Section for the definition of terms, measurement circuits and other
(2) The Case is tied to the -Input pin.
(3) The functional temperature range is intended to give an additional data point for use in evaluating this
power supply. At the low functional temperature the power supply will function with no side effects,
however, sustained operation at the high functional temperature will reduce expected operational life.
The data sheet specifications are not guaranteed beyond the case operating range.
(4) The case thermal impedance is specified as the case temperature rise over ambient per package watt