This product is not recommended for new designs.
LinkSwitch-PH LED Driver IC Family
Single-Stage PFC, Primary-Side Constant Current Control
and TRIAC Dimming/Non-Dimming Options
Dramatically Simplifies Off-line LED Drivers
• Single-stage combination of power factor correction and
accurate constant-current (CC) output
• Enables very long lifetime designs (no electrolytic capacitors)
• Eliminates optocoupler and all secondary current control
• Eliminates control loop compensation circuitry
• Simple primary-side PWM dimming interface
• Universal input voltage range
• LNK403-410 optimized for flicker-free TRIAC dimming
EcoSmart™ – Energy Efficient
• Single-stage PFC combined with output CC control
• Greatly increases efficiency, >90% achievable
• Reduces component count
• No current sense resistors
• Low standby power remote ON/OFF feature
(<50 mW at 230 VAC)
Accurate and Consistent Performance
• Compensates for transformer inductance variations
• Compensates for line input voltage variation
• Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter size and cost
Advanced Protection and Safety Features
• Auto-restart for short-circuit protection
• Open circuit fault detection mode
• Automatic thermal shutdown restart with hysteresis
• Meets high voltage creepage requirement between DRAIN and
all other signal pins both on PCB and at package
• Halogen free and ROHS compliant package
• Off-line LED driver
The LinkSwitch™-PH dramatically simplifies implementation of
LED drivers requiring long lifetime, high efficiency, PF >0.9, and
TRIAC dimming capability (LNK403-410). The single-stage
combined power factor and constant-current controller eliminates
a switching stage and the electrolytic bulk capacitor. The
advanced primary-side control used by the LinkSwitch-PH device
provides accurate constant current control while eliminating the
need for an optocoupler and current sensing circuits.
IN D V LinkSwitch-PH
S R FB
Figure 1. Typical Application Schematic.
Output Power Table1,2
RV = 2 MW
RV = 4 MW
Table 1. Output Power Table.
1. Continuous power in an open frame with adequate heat sinking at device local
ambient of 70 °C.
2. Power level calculated on typical LED string voltage with efficiency >80%.
MPMaiancxikmimaugumem: oeouSutIpPtpu-u7ttCppo,owewSeeIrPrw-w7itFiht.hCCBBPP==1100m0Fm. F.
LNK4x3EG CBP = 10 mF.
LinkSwitch-PH incorporates a 725 V power FET, a continuous-
mode PWM controller, a high-voltage switched current source for
self biasing, frequency jittering, protection circuitry including
cycle-by-cycle current limit and hysteretic thermal shutdown.
eSIP-7C (E Package)
Figure 2. Package Options.
eSIP-7F (L Package)
This Product is Covered by Patents and/or Pending Patent Applications.