Zero No-Load or Zero Standby Consumption
with up to 1 mW Output Load
Lowest System Cost with Zero Standby
(1 mW Output Power)
• Automatically enters low consumption power-down mode when load
drops below ~0.2% of full load for LNK576 and ~0.6% for LNK574
• Detects load reconnection and automatically restarts regulation
• Simple upgrade to existing LinkSwitch-LP designs
• Very accurate IC parameter tolerances improve system manu-
• Suitable for low-cost clampless designs
• Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter cost
• Extended package creepage improves system field reliability
Advanced Protection/Safety Features
• Accurate hysteretic thermal shutdown protection – automatic
recovery reduces field returns
• Universal input range allows worldwide operation
• Auto-restart reduces delivered power by >85% during short-circuit
and open-loop fault conditions
• Simple ON/OFF control, no loop compensation needed
• High bandwidth provides excellent transient load response with no
EcoSmart™– Energy Efficient
• No-load or standby (1 mW output power) consumption as low as
<5 mW at 230 VAC input (Note 1)
• Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations with no added
• ON/OFF control provides constant efficiency to very light loads
• Chargers for cell/cordless phones, PDAs, power tools, MP3/portable
audio devices, shavers, etc.
• Standby power supply for TV, video displays, and appliances
The LinkZero™-LP controller incorporates new technology which
enables the device to automatically enter into and wake up from
no-load mode or with 1 mW load while taking less than 5 mW from the
AC power. IEC 62301 specifies measurements of standby power to a
minimum accuracy of 10 mW, and so LinkZero-LP’s consumption of
substantially less than 5 mW at 230 VAC rounds to zero based on the
IEC definition. This low power level is also immeasurable on most
power meters. The accurately specified FEEDBACK (FB) pin voltage
reference enables universal input primary-side regulated power
supplies with accurate constant voltage from 5% to full load. The
start-up and operating power are derived directly from the DRAIN pin
which eliminates start-up circuitry. The internal oscillator frequency is
jittered to significantly reduce both quasi-peak and average EMI,
minimizing filter cost.
(a) Typical Application Schematic for LNK574DG.
(b) Typical Application Schematic for LNK576DG.
Figure 1. Typical Applications – Zero No-Load Charger (a) and Zero Standby
Power Supply (b).
Output Power Table1
230 VAC ±15%
Table 1. Output Power Table.
1. IEC 62301 Clause 4.5 rounds standby power use below 5 mW to zero.
2. Typical continuous power in a non-ventilated enclosed adapter measured at
+50 °C ambient.
3. Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate
heat sinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.
4. Packages: D: SO-8C.
This Product is Covered by Patents and/or Pending Patent Applications.