Zero Standby Consumption Integrated Off-Line Switcher
Lowest System Cost with Zero Standby Consumption
• Simple system configuration provides zero consumption standby/
power-down with user controlled wake up
• Very tight IC parameter tolerances improves system manufacturing
• Suitable for low-cost clampless designs
• Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter cost
• Extended package creepage improves system field reliability
Advanced Protection/Safety Features
• Hysteretic thermal shutdown protection – automatic recovery
reduces field returns
• Universal input range allows worldwide operation
• Auto-restart reduces delivered power by >85% during short-circuit
and open-loop fault conditions
• Simple ON/OFF control, no loop compensation needed
• High bandwidth provides fast turn on with no overshoot
EcoSmart™– Energy Efficient
• Standby/power-down consumption less than 3 mW at
325 VDC input (Note 1)
• Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations with no added
• ON/OFF control provides constant efficiency to very light loads
• Ultra low consumption isolated or non-isolated standby and auxiliary
LinkZero™-AX combines extremely low standby/power-down energy
use with the industry’s lowest component count standby supply
solution. Below 3 mW at 230 VAC in power-down (PD) mode meets IEC
62301 definition of zero power consumption and is immeasurable on
most power meters. LinkZero-AX is set into power-down mode using
an external signal to pull the FEEDBACK pin high for 2.5 ms. Such an
external signal can be generated by a system micro controller or
infrared controller. In power-down mode the BYPASS pin remains
regulated allowing the LinkZero-AX to be woken up with a reset pulse
to pull the BYPASS pin below a reset threshold (1.5 V). Ultra low
system consumption is therefore achieved without needing to
disconnect the input voltage with a relay.
LinkZero-AX is designed to be used in isolated or non-isolated
converters. In either, the tightly specified FEEDBACK (FB) pin voltage
reference enables universal input primary side regulated power
supplies that cost effectively replace unregulated linear transformer
and other switched mode supplies. The start-up and operating power
are derived directly from the DRAIN pin. The internal oscillator
frequency is jittered to significantly reduce both quasi-peak and
average EMI, minimizing filter cost.
Power Down Mode
Figure 1. Typical Application Schematic.
Output Power Table
230 VAC ±15%
Table 1. Output Power Table.
1. IEC 62301 Clause 4.5 rounds standby power use below 5 mW to zero.
2. Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate
heat sinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.
3. Packages: D: SO-8C, G: SMD-8C.
This Product is Covered by Patents and/or Pending Patent Applications.