Combined Two-Switch Forward and Flyback Power Supply Controllers
with Integrated High-Voltage MOSFETs
• Selectable 132 kHz main switching frequency for lower cost
and smaller magnetics
• Increased main peak power vs. HiperTFS-1
• Self-biased high-side driver eliminates high-side bias winding
• Package lead form and pinout modified for easier insertion and
• Single IC solution for two-switch forward main (66 kHz/132 kHz)
and flyback (132 kHz) standby
• High integration allows smaller form factor and higher power
density designs, with reduced component count
• Incorporates control, gate drivers, and three power MOSFETs
• Level shift technology eliminates need for pulse transformer
• Protection features include: UV, OV, OTP, OVP, standby OPC,
• STrCanPs, faonrmd eILrIMrIeT set control, prevents saturation under all conditions
• Main duty cycle operation above 50% for reduced rms currents
and lower output diode voltage rating
• Less than 10% variation in standby overload power over input
• Up to 586 W peak output power in a highly compact package
• >90% efficiency at full load
• Simple clip mounting to heat sink without need for insulation pad
• Halogen free and RoHS compliant
• PC (80 PLUS® Bronze and 80 PLUS Silver)
• LCD TV
• Video game consoles
• High-power adapters
• Industrial and appliance
Output Power Table
100 V - 400 V
Table 1. Output Power Table.
1. Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate
heat sinking to maintain a heat sink temperature ≤95 ºC (see Key Applications
Considerations for more information) measured at specified ambient temperature.
2 Peak load less than 10 seconds and average power less than maximum
3. Package: eSIP-16F. (Note: Direct attach to heat sink, does not require insulation
eSIP-16F (H Package)
Figure 2. Package Option.
Figure 1. Schematic of Two-Switch Forward and Flyback Converter.
*Simpli ed feedback circuit
This Product is Covered by Patents and/or Pending Patent Applications.