Octal Dual-supply Bus Transceiver with configurable
output voltage with 3-state Outputs
Apr. 13, 2005
The HD74LVCC4245A has eight bus transceivers with three state outputs in a 24 pin package. When (DIR) is high,
data flows from the A inputs to the B outputs, and when (DIR) is low, data flows from the B inputs to the A outputs. A
and B bus are separated by making enable input (OE) high level. This 8-bit non-inverting bus transceiver uses two
separate power-supply rails.
And this product has two terminals (VCCA, VCCB), VCCA is connected with control input and a bus side, VCCB is
connected with B bus side. VCCA and VCCB are isolated.
The A port, VCCA, is dedicated to accept a 5 V supply level, and the configurable B port, which is designed to track
VCCB, accepts voltages from 3 V to 5 V. This allows for translation from a 3.3 V to a 5 V environment and vice versa.
Low voltage and high-speed operation is suitable at the battery drive product (note type personal computer) and low
power consumption extends the life of a battery for long time operation.
• This product function as level shift transceiver that change VCCA input level to VCCB output level, VCCB input level to
VCCA output level by providing different supply voltage to VCCA and VCCB.
• This product is able to the power management: Turn on and off the supply on VCCB side with providing the supply
of VCCA. (Enable input (OE): High level)
• VCCA = 4.5 V to 5.5 V, VCCB = 2.7 V to 5.5 V
• All control input VI (max) = 5.5 V (@VCCA = 0 V to 5.5 V)
• All A bus side input outputs VI/O (max) = 5.5 V
(@VCCA = 0 V or output off state)
• All B bus side input outputs VI/O (max) = 5.5 V
(@VCCB = 0 V or output off state)
• High output current
A bus side: ±24 mA (@VCCA = 4.5 V)
B bus side: ±24 mA (@VCCB = 2.7 V to 4.5 V)
• Ordering Information
HD74LVCC4245ATEL TSSOP–24 pin
EL (1,000 pcs/reel)
H: High level
L: Low level
Z: High impedance
B data to A bus
A data to B bus
Rev.1.01 Apr. 13, 2005 page 1 of 8