QUAD PLL FIELD PROGRAMMABLE VERSACLOCK SYNTHESIZER
The ICS348 field programmable clock synthesizer
generates up to 9 high-quality, high-frequency clock outputs
including multiple reference clocks from a low frequency
crystal or clock input. The ICS348 has 4 independent
on-chip PLLs and is designed to replace crystals and
crystal oscillators in most electronic systems.
Using IDT’s VersaClockTM software to configure PLLs and
outputs, the ICS348 contains a One-Time Programmable
(OTP) ROM to allow field programmability. Programming
features include eight selectable configuration registers, up
to two sets of four low-skew outputs.
Using Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) techniques, the device
runs from a standard fundamental mode, inexpensive
crystal, or clock. It can replace multiple crystals and
oscillators, saving board space and cost.
The ICS348 is also available in factory programmed custom
versions for high-volume applications.
• Packaged as 20-pin SSOP (QSOP) (Pb-free)
• Eight addressable registers
• Replaces multiple crystals and oscillators
• Output frequencies up to 200 MHz at 3.3V
• Input crystal frequency of 5 to 27 MHz
• Input clock frequency of 2 to 50 MHz
• Up to nine reference outputs
• Up to two sets of four low-skew outputs
• Operating voltages of 3.3 V
• Advanced, low power CMOS process
• For one output clock, use the ICS341 (8-pin). For two
output clocks, use the ICS342 (8-pin). For three output
clocks, use the ICS343 (8-pin). For more than three
outputs, use the ICS345 or ICS348.
V a lu e s
O s c illa to r
External capacitors are
required with a crystal input.
IDT® QUAD PLL FIELD PROGRAMMABLE VERSACLOCK SYNTHESIZER
REV N 090613