VIF/SIF for Low Supply Voltage
The M51348 is a low supply voltage, low power semiconductor IC for compact TV sets which includes Video
Intermediate Frequency (VIF), Sound Intermediate Frequency (SIF), and Synchronous Separation (Sync. Sep.)
An IF amplifier. Video detector (with simultaneous sound detector), IF AGC, RF AGC (forward type), AFT, SIF
limiter amplifier, FM detector electronic volume, and synchronous separation function are provided.
The package is of the 24-pin mini-flat type.
The M513848AFP has better DG and DP but less VIF input sensitivity than the M51348FP.
• This IC can be used with very low supply voltage and low power and it comes in a mini-flat package to suit the
compact TV or compact TV tuner.
Minimum operating power voltage
16mA (when used with 4.5V supply voltage)
• Current automatically decreases to ensure power saving when a strong signal is received, when the electronic
volume control is at its lowest.
• There are separate GND pins for the VIF/Sync. Sep. circuit and for the SIF circuit so that cross-interference is
• It is possible to adjust the video detector output amplitude by controlling the 24-pin voltage externally.
• The AGC works fast because of the 2-stage AGC filter.
AGC has high stability against outside noise due to the AGC noise canceller.
• Emitter input circuit is used in Sync. Sep. Output is taken from the Sync. Positive polarity.
Portable B/W, color TV
Recommend Operating Condition
Supply voltage range 3.0V to 6.0V
Rated supply voltage 4.5V
Rev.1.0, Sep.19.2003, page 1 of 9