SERIAL PROGRAMMABLE PCI SS VERSACLOCK SYNTHESIZER MK1716-01
The MK1716-01 is a versatile serial programmable clock
source which takes up very little board space.
The device can simultaneously generate two groups of 4
output clocks and a reference clock output. Both clock
groups (CLKA and CLKB) are derived from a single PLL,
and have the ability to incorporate Spread Spectrum
frequency modulation for reduced system EMI. Each group
has control of independent PLL output divide values.
Outputs may be programmed on the fly, and will lock to a
new frequency in 10 ms or less.
Each of the two groups are powered by a separate VDDIO
voltage. The reference clock uses the fixed VDD voltage.
VDDIO may vary from 2.5 V to VDD.
The devices includes a OE pin which tri-states the output
clocks and when tied low.
IDT’s VersaClockTM software allows the user to generate
MK1716-01 device optimizing configuration code for target
output frequencies and spread spectrum amounts.
• Packaged in 28-pin SSOP
• Operating voltage 3.3 V
• Serially programmable: user determines the output
frequency via a 3-wire interface
• Highly accurate frequency generation
• M/N Multiplier PLL: M = 1..2048, N = 1..1024
• Eliminates the need for custom Quartz Oscillators
• Input crystal frequency of 5-27 MHz
• Input clock frequency of 3-50 MHz
• Output clock frequencies of 250 kHz to 133.33 MHz
• Spread Spectrum frequency modulation for reduced
• Center or down spread ±0.5% min to 4% total
• Selectable 32 kHz and 120 kHz modulation rate
• Advanced, low power, sub-micron CMOS process
• Separate VDD ‘s for each bank of 4 outputs
• Output skew <250 ps within output bank
• OE control on outputs
External capacitors are
required with a crystal input.
IDT™ SERIAL PROGRAMMABLE PCI SS VERSACLOCK SYNTHESIZER 1
MK1716-01 REV H 051310