2ch Electronic Volume•Balance
The M51132 is a VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) IC developed as an electronic volume control for audio-visual
equipment. The IC is used to process small analog signals at the stage before power amplifier. Right/left independent
volume control or right/left simultaneous volume control can be selected by DC voltages. Its built-in pass through
function, in combination with an ALC amplifier, offers the capability of automatic level control.
• Two control modes can be selected.
(Left/right independent volume control mode or left/right simultaneous volume + balance control mode.)
• Pass through switch is included to output the input signal as it is, irrespective of the volume/balance control
• Shock noise reduction pin is provided to reduce pass through switch on/off shock noise.
• Built-in reference supply voltage circuit: output current 10 mA (Typ.)
• Maximum input: 3.4 Vrms (Typ.) (f = 1 kHz, THD = 1%)
• Low distortion: 0.005% (Typ.)
• Good channel separation: 102 dB (Typ.) (f = 1 kHz, Vo = 2 Vrms, IHF-A)
Recommended Operating Conditions
• Supply voltage range: Vcc = 8 to 15 V
• Rated supply voltage: Vcc = 12 V
Rev.1.0, Sep.05.2003, page 1 of 11