4-Battery Version, No Reset Pin
The M61042FP is an semiconductor IC device developed for smart battery packs. It incorporates all the analog circuitry
required by smart batteries in a single chip. When used in conjunction with a microprocessor, it allows the
implementation of a variety of functions, such as battery capacity detection, through the addition of minimal peripheral
devices and is ideal for smart battery system (SBS) battery packs.
The M61042FP also has an on-chip overcurrent detect circuit so that the FET for controlling battery charging and
discharging is protected regardless of the processing speed of the microprocessor.
The microprocessor can change the amplifier gain of the charge/discharge current detect circuit, so battery capacity
detection accuracy is increased. In addition, the M61042FP incorporates a linear regulator that allows it to function as
the power supply for the microprocessor, thereby simplifying power supply block design.
• On-chip high-gain op-amp for monitoring charge and discharge current.
• On-chip overcurrent detect circuit to protect FET.
• Charge/discharge FET can be controlled from microprocessor.
• Power-save function for reducing current consumption.
• 3.3 V operation to reduce microprocessor current consumption.
• High-voltage device (absolute maximum rating: 33 V).
Smart battery system (SBS) battery packs
Pin Connection Diagram (Top View)
Rev.1.0, Sep.19.2003, page 1 of 32