AM radio / FM IF stereo system IC
BA1448S / BA1449F
The BA1448S and BA1449F are electronic tuning system ICs for AM, FM IF, and MPX. They have been developed for
use in radio cassette players and mini-component stereo systems.
The FM detector and MPX VCO circuits do not require adjustment, which will reduce the number of assembly line pro-
cesses. In particular, the VCO is laser locked, and requires no adjustment or external components. The characteristics
of the two chips are the same, but the packages are different (24-pin SDIP for the BA1448S and 24-pin SOP for the
Synthesized tuners in radio cassette players and mini-
component stereo systems.
1) Built-in mono AM radio, FM IF amplifier / detector,
and FM stereo demodulator.
2) DTS compatible (both SD and IF count).
3) Built-in reference voltage supply for good short-wave
band frequency stability.
4) Good FM stability.
5) FM detector does not require adjustment (ceramic
6) FM MPX VCO is laser locked and requires no ad-
justment or external components.
7) Built-in forced monaural function for the MPX (VCO
stops, LED off).
8) Audio can be low-cut to improve AM fidelity.
9) VCO for the MPX switches off during AM operation.
10) Mute possible for IF request.
FAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25_C)
FRecommended operating conditions (Ta = 25_C)