Compact medium speed thick film
thermal printhead (8 dots / mm)
Using its expertise in LSI technology, ROHM has developed new high density driver chips for use in the KD2002-DF10A .
Capable of being employed for both thermal and thermal transfer printing, with a print speed of 250mm/s, the resulting
print heads are the fastest in their class. This high-speed and high-density printing answers the needs of POS, ATM,
KIOSK and ticket printing devices, which are increasingly being called upon to produce graphical output.
1) The use of a special partial glaze and the latest heating element structure, along with new high-density driver chips that
can accept big current, has allowed ROHM to achieve print speeds of 250mm/s with using thermal history control, the
fastest in its class.
2) Standard printheads in the line up are capable of 203 or 300 dpi. They achieve the high resolution needed for graphics
and other complex print patterns.
3) One rank resistance value of 650Ω ± 3% eliminates the inconvenience of rank selection.
4) The required driving voltage of 3.15 to 5.25V allows wide range of power supply voltage setting. This also allows
multiple choice of electronic components for printers.
5) 2-inch, 3-inch and 4-inch series are available.
zExternal dimensions (Unit : mm)
56 (EFFECTIVE PRINT WIDTH)
2−M3 (EFFECTIVE DEPTH 3)