1. Traditinal LD needs to connect an external
APC circuit board for the constant power
operation. The VR (variable resistor) is used
to adjust the laser output to a desired target
2. ADL-65075TA2 consists an AOC IC inside
the TO-5.6 mm package, and leaves the VR
outside for adjusting the optical output power.
3. Oscilation Damper (1µF) is recommended for
stabilizing the optical ouput power.
Outline Dimension & Pin Assignment
5.6 mm Package (Unit:mm)
1. To protect laser from overdriving condition, setting VR to maximum value before you turn on
VCC can minimized the laser ouput power.
2. Do not operate the device above the macimum rating condition, even momentarily. It may
cause unexpected permanent damage to the device.
3. Semiconductor laser device is very sensitive to electrostatic discharge. High voltage spike
current may change the characteristics of the device, or malfunction at any time during its
sercice periode. Therefor, proper measures for precenting electrostatic discharge are strongly
4. To obtain a stable characteristic and good reliability, the effectivve heat sink is necessary. So it
is recommended that always apply proper heat sink before the device is operating.
5. Do not look into the laser beam directly by bare eyes. The laser beam may cause severe
damage to human eyes.
2 of 2