TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR
Reverse Voltage: 6.8 to 440 V
Peak Pulse Power: 1500 W
• Plastic package has UL flammability Classification 94V-0
• 1500 W peak pulse power capability on 10/1000 µs waveform,
repetition rate (duty cycle): 0.01%
• Excellent clamping capability
• Low incremental surge resistance
• Very fast response time
• Case: Molded plastic, DO-201AD
• Expoxy: UL 94V-0 rate flame retardant
• Lead: Axial leads, solderable per MIL-STD-202, Method 208
• Polarity: Color band denotes cathode except bipolar
• Mounting Position: Any
• Devices for bidirectional applications
• For bi-directional use C or CA suffix for types 1.5KE6.8 thru types 1.5KE440 (e.g. 1.5KE6.8C,1.5KE440CA)
• Electrical characteristics apply in both directions
Absolute Maximum Ratings and Characteristics
Ratings at 25 OC ambient temperature unless otherwise specified. Single phase, half wave, 60 Hz, resistive or inductive load.
For capacitive load, derate current by 20%.
Peak Power Dissipation with a 10/1000 µs waveform 1)
Steady State Power Dissipation at TL = 75 OC Lead lengths 0.375"(9.5 mm) 2)
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3 ms Single half sine-wave unidirectional only 3)
Maximum Instantaneous Forward Voltage at 100 A for Unidirectional only 4)
Operating Junction and Storage Temperature Range
TJ, TStg - 55 to + 150
1) Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig. 3 and derated above TA = 25 OC Fig. 2
2) Mounted on copper pad area of 1.6 X 1.6" (40 X 40 mm)
3) Measured on 8.3 ms single half sine-wave or equivalent square wave, duty cycle = 4 pulses per minute maximum.
4) VF = 3.5 V max. for 1.5KE200A & below; VF = 5 V max. for 1.5KE220 & above.
SEMTECH ELECTRONICS LTD.
(Subsidiary of Sino-Tech International Holdings Limited, a company
listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Stock Code: 724)
Dated : 13/10/2009 H