Programmable buck converter for USB power delivery
Product status link
QFN24L 3 x 4
• Input voltage range 6.0 V to 26.4 V
• Internal power MOS synch rectification
• Internal compensation
• I2C bus controlled
• Vout settings: 3 V to 20 V with 20 mV (min.) steps
• Slew rate control (max. 30 mV/us)
• Cable drop compensation
• Iout settings: 0.1 A to 3 A with 50 mA steps
• Embedded discharge function
• Two programmable switching frequencies with optional clock dithering
• Watchdog timer set by I2C
• Configurable interrupt pin
• Power-on pin
• Programmable constant current limit
• OVP, IPEAK and overtemperature protections
• Short-circuit protection
• Undervoltage lockout
• Available in QFN24L 3 x 4 package
• AC adapters
• USB hubs
• PC monitors
• Smart TV
• USB-PD power distribution
The STPD01 is a programmable synchronous buck converter suitable to provide
power supply in applications following USB power delivery specifications.
The device provides those voltages required by USB power delivery systems as
stated in USB PD 3.0 spec up to 60 W output power (20 V, 3 A).
The different levels of output voltage and current limitation can be set dynamically
through I2C interface.
Overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature protections are included in the device.
A programmable watchdog improves the robustness and the safety of the complete
Finally, the device is available in QFN24L 3 x 4 mm2.
DS13473 - Rev 3 - May 2021
For further information contact your local STMicroelectronics sales office.