Quad channel high-side driver
– 16 bit ST-SPI for full and diagnostic
– Programmable BULB/LED mode
– Integrated PWM and phase shift generation
– 160 Hz internal PWM fallback frequency
– Advanced limp home functionalities for
robust fail-safe system
– Very low standby current
– Optimized electromagnetic emissions
– Very low electromagnetic susceptibility
– In compliance with the 2002/95/EC
– Multiplex proportional load current sense
– Synchronous diagnostic of overload and
short to GND, output shorted to VCC,
ON-state and OFF-state open-load
– Programmable case overtemperature
– Load current limitation
– Self limiting of fast thermal transients
– Power limitation and overtemperature
shutdown (latching off or autorestart)
– Undervoltage shutdown
– Overvoltage clamp
– Reverse battery protected through power
outputs self turn-on (no external
– Load dump protected
– Protection against loss of ground
Datasheet - production data
The VNQ6040S-E is a device made using
STMicroelectronics® VIPower® technology. It is
intended for driving resistive or inductive loads
directly connected to ground. The device is
protected against voltage transient on VCC pin.
Programming, control and diagnostics are
implemented via the SPI bus.
An analog current feedback for each channel is
connected to the CURRENT-SENSE pin via a
multiplexer. A CS_SYNC pin delivers a
synchronous signal for sampling the current
sense while the corresponding output is on.
The device detects open-load for both on-state
and off-state conditions.
Real time diagnostic is available through the SPI
bus (open-load, output short to VCC,
overtemperature, communication error).
Output current limitation protects the device in an
overload condition. The device can limit the
dissipated power to a safe level up to thermal
shutdown intervention. Thermal shutdown can be
configured as latched off or with automatic restart.
The device enters a limp home mode in case of
loss of digital supply (VDD), reset of digital
memory or CSN monitoring time-out event. In this
mode states of channel 0, 1, 2 or 3 are
respectively controlled by four dedicated pins IN0,
IN1, IN2 and IN3. Each channel can be
programmed in BULB/LED mode.
This is information on a product in full production.
DocID18061 Rev 11