32COM/60SEG DRIVER & CONTROLLER FOR DOT MATRIX LCD
The KS0071B is a dot matrix LCD controller & driver LSI which is fabricated by low power CMOS technology,
designed to drive a split screen dot matrix LCD display of 1 line 24 characters or 2 line 24
characters with 57 dots format.
• Character type dot matrix single chip LCD controller & driver
• High voltage LCD driver 32 common and 60 segment signal output.
• Easy interface with a 4 bit or 8 bit MPU.
• Internal memory
-. Character generator ROM : 8400bits ( 240 characters for 57 dots )
-. Character generator RAM : 512 bits ( 8 patterns for 57 dots )
-. Display data RAM : 640 bits ( 808 bits for 80 characters )
• Maximum display characters
-. 1 line, 1/16 duty, 57 dots + cursor, 24 characters.
-. 2 line, 1/32 duty, 57 dots + cursor, 24 characters .
• A customer character pattern can be programmable by mask option.
•. The special character pattern can be programmable by character generator RAM directly.
• It is possible to read both character generator and display data RAM from MPU.
• Useful 11 code instruction set
• Automatic power on reset function
• On chip generation of LCD supply voltage from voltage doubler ( external supply also possible )
•.Voltage doubler generates about double from single power supply ( 5V)
• High contrast display can be performed though the simple power supply circuits.
• On chip oscillator requires external resistor ( external clock also possible )
• Power supply voltage: +5V10%, +3V20%
• Supply voltage for display: -5V
• Package outline: 118 TAB or bare chip available.