Ordering number : EN6037
RDS Demodulation IC
The LC72723 is an RDS (Radio Data System) signal
demodulation IC. This IC integrates a bandpass filter, the
demodulation circuit, and buffer RAM on a single chip
and can read out RDS data in slave mode operation with
the provision of an external clock input. It also supports
master mode, in which the data is read out in
synchronization with an RDS clock output provided by the
• Bandpass filter: Switched capacitor filter (SCF)
• RDS demodulation: Functions include 57kHz carrier
regeneration, clock regeneration, biphase decoding, and
• Buffer RAM: Stores 128 bits (about 100 ms) of data.
• Data output: Output can be switched between master
mode and slave mode readout.
• RDS ID detection: Supports ID reset
• Standby control: Stops the crystal oscillator.
• Fully adjustment free.
• Operating supply voltage: 4.5 to 5.5 V
• Operating temperature: –40 to 85°C
• Packages: DIP16 and MFP16
0.71 2.54 0.48
0.35 1.27 0.605
Any and all SANYO products described or contained herein do not have specifications that can handle
applications that require extremely high levels of reliability, such as life-support systems, aircraft’s
control systems, or other applications whose failure can be reasonably expected to result in serious
physical and/or material damage. Consult with your SANYO representative nearest you before using
any SANYO products described or contained herein in such applications.
SANYO assumes no responsibility for equipment failures that result from using products at values that
exceed, even momentarily, rated values (such as maximum ratings, operating condition ranges, or other
parameters) listed in products specifications of any and all SANYO products described or contained
SANYO Electric Co.,Ltd. Semiconductor Company
TOKYO OFFICE Tokyo Bldg., 1-10, 1 Chome, Ueno, Taito-ku, TOKYO, 110-8534 JAPAN
40299RM (OT) No. 6037-1/8