Ordering number : ENN6169
Electronic Volume and Tone Control
for Car Stereo Systems
The LC75384NE-R and LC75384NW are electronic
volume and tone control ICs that can implement volume,
balance, fader, bass/treble/mid, loudness, input switching,
and input gain control functions with a minimum number
of external components.
• Volume: 81 positions: from 0 dB to –79 dB in 1-dB steps
A balance function can be implemented by
controlling the left and right volume settings
• Fader: Either the rear or front outputs can be attenuated
over 16 positions. (16 positions: From 0 dB to
–2 dB in 1-dB steps, from –2 dB to –20 dB in
2-dB steps, from –20 to –30 dB in one 10-dB step,
–45 dB, –60 dB, and –∞.)
• Bass/treble/mid: Control over ±12 dB in 2-dB steps in
• Input gain: The input signal can be amplified by from
0 dB to +18.75 dB in 1.25-dB steps.
• Input switching: The left and right channels can each be
selected from one of 5 inputs. (Four are
single-ended inputs and one is a
• Loudness: Taps are output from a 2-dB step volume
control ladder resistor starting at the –32-dB
position. A loudness function can be
implemented by attaching external capacitors
• On-chip buffer amplifiers minimize the number of
required external components.
• Minimal switching noise when no input signals are
present due to fabrication in a silicon gate CMOS
process that minimizes the noise generated by internal
• Use of zero-cross switching circuits for internal switches
minimizes switching noise when signals are present.
• Built-in VDD/2 reference voltage generator circuit
• All controls can be set from serial input data.
• CCB is a trademark of SANYO ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
• CCB is SANYO’s original bus format and all the bus
addresses are controlled by SANYO.
Any and all SANYO products described or contained herein do not have specifications that can handle
applications that require extremely high levels of reliability, such as life-support systems, aircraft’s
www.DataSheet4U.comcontrol systems, or other applications whose failure can be reasonably expected to result in serious
physical and/or material damage. Consult with your SANYO representative nearest you before using
any SANYO products described or contained herein in such applications.
SANYO assumes no responsibility for equipment failures that result from using products at values that
exceed, even momentarily, rated values (such as maximum ratings, operating condition ranges, or other
parameters) listed in products specifications of any and all SANYO products described or contained
SANYO Electric Co.,Ltd. Semiconductor Company
TOKYO OFFICE Tokyo Bldg., 1-10, 1 Chome, Ueno, Taito-ku, TOKYO, 110-8534 JAPAN
51000TH (OT) No.6169-1/25