HIGH-WITHSTAND VOLTAGE LOW CURRENT CONSUMPTION
LOW DROPOUT CMOS VOLTAGE REGULATOR
The S-1142 Series, developed based on high-withstand voltage CMOS
process, is a positive voltage regulator with a high-withstand voltage, low
current consumption, and high output voltage accuracy. The S-1142
Series operates at a high maximum operating voltage of 50 V and a low
current consumption of 4.0 µA (typ.). In addition to a built-in low
on-resistance transistor which provides a very small dropout voltage and
a large output current, this voltage regulator also has a built-in power-off
An overcurrent protector prevents the load current from exceeding the
capacitance of the output transistor. A built-in thermal shutdown circuit
prevents damage caused by heat.
A high heat radiation HSOP-6 package enables high-density mounting.
• Output voltage :
2.0 V to 12.0 V, selectable in 0.1 V step
• Low equivalent series resistance capacitor : Ceramic capacitor of 0.1 µF or more can be used as the I/O capacitor.
• Input voltage :
3.0 V to 50 V
• High-accuracy output voltage :
±1.0% (at Tj = +25°C), ±3.0% (Tj = −40°C to +105°C)
• Low current consumption :
During operation: 4.0 µA typ., 9.0 µA max. (Tj = −40°C to +105°C)
• Output current :
During shutdown: 0.1 µA typ., 1.0 µA max. (Tj = −40°C to +105°C)
200 mA (at VIN ≥ VOUT(S) + 2.0 V)*1
• Built-in overcurrent protector :
limits overcurrent of output transistor
• Operation temperature range :
−40°C to +105°C (S-1142xxxH only)
• Built-in thermal shutdown circuit :
prevents damage caused by heat
• Built-in power on/off circuit :
longer battery life
• Small package :
• Lead-free product
www.Data*S1h.eAett4teUn.ctioomn should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
• Constant-voltage power supply for electrical applications for vehicle interiors (S-1142xxxH only)
• Constant-voltage power supplies for home electric appliances
Caution Before using this product in medical equipment or automobile equipment including car audio, keyless
entry and engine control unit, contact to SII is indispensable.
Seiko Instruments Inc.