© Seiko Instruments Inc., 2010-2014
BATTERY PROTECTION IC FOR 1-CELL PACK
The S-8200A Series is a protection IC for lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable batteries and includes high-accuracy
voltage detection circuits and delay circuits.
The S-8200A Series is suitable for protecting 1-cell lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs from overcharge,
overdischarge, and overcurrent.
• High-accuracy voltage detection circuit
Overcharge detection voltage
3.5 V to 4.5 V (5 mV step)
Accuracy ±20 mV (Ta = +25°C)
Overcharge release voltage
3.1 V to 4.5 V*1
Accuracy ±25 mV (Ta = −10°C to +60°C)
Accuracy ±30 mV
Overdischarge detection voltage
Overdischarge release voltage
2.0 V to 3.4 V (10 mV step)
2.0 V to 3.4 V*2
Accuracy ±35 mV
Accuracy ±50 mV
Discharge overcurrent detection voltage
0.05 V to 0.20 V (10 mV step) Accuracy ±10 mV
Charge overcurrent detection voltage
−0.20 V to −0.05 V (25 mV step) Accuracy ±15 mV
• Detection delay times are generated only by an internal circuit (external capacitors are unnecessary).
• High-withstand voltage device is used for charger connection pins
(VM pin and CO pin: Absolute maximum rating = 28 V)
• 0 V battery charge function "available" / "unavailable" is selectable.
• Power-down function "available" / "unavailable" is selectable.
• Wide operation temperature range
Ta = −40°C to +85°C
• Low current consumption
2.8 μA typ., 5.0 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
0.1 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
• Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.1 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step.)
*2. Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.1 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.)
• Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack
• Lithium polymer rechargeable battery pack
Seiko Instruments Inc.