Si115x Data Sheet
Proximity/Ambient Light Sensor IC with I2C Interface
The Si115x-AB00/AB09/AB9x is an ambient light sensor, proximity, and gesture detector
with I2C digital interface and programmable-event interrupt output.
This touchless sensor IC includes dual 23-bit analog-to-digital converters, an integrated
high-sensitivity array of visible and infrared photodiodes, a digital signal processor, and
up to three integrated LED drivers with programmable drive levels. The Si115x offers ex-
cellent performance under a wide dynamic range and a variety of light sources, including
direct sunlight. The Si115x can also work under dark glass covers. The photodiode re-
sponse and associated digital conversion circuitry provide excellent immunity to artificial
light flicker noise and natural light flutter noise. With two or more LEDs, the Si115x is
capable of supporting multiple-axis proximity motion detection. The Si115x is provided in
a 10-lead 2x2 mm DFN package or in a 10-lead 2.9x4.9 mm LGA module with integra-
ted LED, and is capable of operation from 1.62 to 3.6 V over the –40 to +85 °C tempera-
(Filter Only in
AB09 & AB9X
I2C addr sel
* Pull up to VDD with 47 kOhm resistor to select primary I2C address (0x53),
or down to GND for alt I2C address 0x52. LED2 driving capabilities only
available on Si1152 and Si1153.
** Pull up to VDD with 47 kOhm resistor. LED3 driving capabilities only
available on Si1153.
• Proximity detector
• From under 1 cm, to 50 cm without
• From under 1 cm, to 200 cm with
additional lensing (e.g., 5 mm
hemispherical lens as in our EVB).
• Up to three independent LED drivers.
• 30 current settings from 5.6 mA to 360
mA for each LED driver.
• Operates in direct sunlight with optional
on-die 940 nm passband filter.
• On die 940 bandpass filter that rejects
unwanted visible light and IR from
daylight and other sources (Si115x-
• Ambient light sensor
• <100 mlx resolution possible, allowing
operation under dark glass.
• Up to 128 klx dynamic range possible
across two ADC range settings.
• Industry’s lowest power consumption
• 1.62 to 3.6 V supply voltage.
• 9 μA average current (LED pulsed 24.4
μs every 800 ms at 180 mA plus 3 μA
• <500 nA standby current.
• 24.4 μs LED “on” time keeps total power
consumption duty cycle low without
compromising performance or noise
• Internal and external wake support.
• Built-in voltage supply monitor and
power-on reset controller.
• Display backlighting control
• Consumer electronics
silabs.com | Building a more connected world.