Absolute Pressure Sensor
• Improved stability with integrated field shields
• Small SO8 surface-mount package
• 95 millivolt span
• Constant current or constant voltage drive
• Ported or non-ported configurations
• Wide operating temperature range (-40° to +125°C)
• Integrated die-level ESD protection
• Qualified using AEC-Q100 Grade 1 standards
The SM5420E is a small outline SO8 packaged pressure sensor that
incorporates SMI’s new SM5108E MEMS piezoresistive pressure
sensing die. The SM5420E has been optimized to provide the highest
possible stability for a package of this size. Performance is achieved
through careful resistor placement and mechanical configuration
along with advanced MEMS processing.
The SM5420E is available in a ported and non-ported option. The package
is designed to be immersed in the media that is measured. The standard
configuration offers a protective gel over the die. The SM5420E is shipped
tape & reel.
The packaged sensor is intended for high volume applications where
cost is a critical factor, such as consumer and automotive products.
The SM5420E is available as an absolute pressure sensor in full-scale
ranges of 30, 60 and 100PSI. It is designed to be surface-mounted on
substrates by high-volume OEM manufacturers.
Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
Altitude Correction Detection
Silicon Microstructures, Inc. 2001-2016. All rights reserved
DOC # 40DS5468.02
+1-(408) 577-0100 | email@example.com I www.si-micro.com