TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
4-Bit Binary Full Adder
The TC74AC283 is an advanced high speed CMOS 4-BIT
BINARY FULL ADDER fabricated with silicon gate and
double-layer metal wiring C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining the CMOS low power
Sum (Σ) outputs are provided for each bit and a resultant carry
(C4) is obtained from the fourth bit.
This adder features full internal look-ahead across all four bits.
A4 × n bit binary adder is easily built up by cascading the
AC283 without any additional logic.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 7.0 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 8 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 24 mA (min)
Capability of driving 50 Ω
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 to 5.5 V
• Pin and function compatible with 74F283
: 1.00 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production