TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
9-Bit Parity Generator/Checker
The TC74ACT280 is an advanced high speed CMOS 9-BIT
PARITY GENERATOR fabricated with silicon gate and
double-layer metal wiring C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining the CMOS low power
This device may be used as a level converter for interfacing
TTL or NMOS to High Speed CMOS. The inputs are compatible
with TTL, NMOS and CMOS output voltage levels.
The TC74ACT280 is composed of nine data inputs (A thru I)
and odd/even parity outputs (Σ ODD and Σ EVEN).
The odd parity output is high when an odd number of data
inputs are high. The even parity output is high when an even
number of data inputs are high.
The word-length capability is easily expanded by cascading.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 9.2 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 8 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• Compatible with TTL outputs: VIL = 0.8 V (max)
VIH = 2.0 V (min)
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 24 mA (min)
Capability of driving 50 Ω
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Pin and function compatible with 74F280
: 0.96 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
NC: No connection
Start of commercial production