TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Multiplexer with 3-State
The TC74HC153A and TC74HC253A are high speed CMOS
DUAL 4-CHANNEL MULTIPLEXERs fabricated with silicon
gate C2MOS technology.
They achieve the high speed operation similar to equivalent
LSTTL while maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
The TC74HC153A has standard outputs, while the
TC74HC253A has 3-state outputs.
Input data (1C0~1C2, 2C0~2C3) are selected by the two
address inputs, A and B.
Separate strobe inputs (1G , 2G ) are provided for each of the
two four-line sections. They can be used to inhibit the data
outputs. The output of the HC153A is set low, and the HC253A
output is set to the high impedance state, when the strobe inputs
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 12 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Output drive capability: 10 LSTTL loads
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 4 mA (min)
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 to 6 V
• Pin and function compatible with 74LS153, 74LS253
: 1.00 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production