TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Quad 2-Channel Multiplexer (3-state)
The TC74HC257A is high speed CMOS MULTIPLEXER
fabricated with silicon gate C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
LSTTL while maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
It is composed of four independent 2-channel multiplexers with
common SELECT and OUTPUT ENABLE ( OE ).
If OE is set low, the outputs are held in a high-impedance
state. When SELECT is set low, “A” data inputs are enabled.
Conversely, when SELECT is high, “B” data inputs are
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 10 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Output drive capability: 15 LSTTL loads
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 6 mA (min)
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 to 6 V
• Pin and function compatible with 74LS257
: 1.00 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production