TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
14-Stage Binary Counter/Oscillator
The TC74HC4060A is a high speed CMOS 14-STAGE BINARY
COUNTER fabricated with silicon gate C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
LSTTL while maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
The oscillator configuration allows designs using either RC or
crystal oscillator circuits, or an external clock may be used.
The clear input resets the counter to a low level on all outputs
and disables the oscillator.
A high CLR accomplishes this reset function.
A negative transition on the clock input ( ϕ I) increments the
counter Ten levels of divided output are provided; 4 stage thru 10
stage and 12 stage thru 14 stage. At the last stage (Q14), a
1/16384 divided frequency is obtained.
The ϕ I input and CLR input are equipped with protection
circuits against static discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: fmax = 58 MHz (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Output drive capability: 10 LSTTL loads
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 4 mA (min)
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 to 6 V
• Oscillator configuration: RC or crystal oscillator
• Pin and function compatible with 4060B
: 1.00 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production