TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
8-Input OR/NOR Gate
The TC74HC4078A is a high speed CMOS 8-INPUT NOR
GATE fabricated with silicon gate C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
LSTTL while maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
Output X is an 8-INPUT NOR, output Y is an 8-INPUT OR.
Each output has a buffer, which provide high noise immunity
and stable output.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 13 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 1 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Output drive capability: 10 LSTTL loads
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 4 mA (min)
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 to 6 V
• Pin and function compatible with 4078B
: 0.96 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
NC: No connection
IEC Logic Symbol
Start of commercial production