TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
4-Bit Magnitude Comparator
The TC74HC85A is a high speed CMOS 4 BIT MAGNITUDE
COMPARATOR fabricated with silicon gate C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
LSTTL while maintaining the CMOS low power dissipation.
The TC74HC85A compares tow 4-bit words applied to inputs
A0-A3 and B0-B3, and provides a high voltage level on one of
three outputs: A > B, A < B, or A = B.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 22 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Output drive capability: 10 LSTTL loads
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 4 mA (min)
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 to 6 V
• Pin and function compatible with 74LS85
: 1.00 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production