TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Triple 2-Channel Analog Multiplexer/Demultiplexer
The TC74HCT4053A are high speed CMOS ANALOG
MULTIPLEXER/DEMULTIPLEXER fabricated with silicon gate
C2MOS technology. They achieve the high speed operation similar
to equivalent LSTTL while maintaining the CMOS low power
This device may be used as a level converter for interfacing TTL
or NMOS to High Speed CMOS. This inputs are compatible with
TTL, NMOS and CMOS output voltage levels.
The TC74HCT4053A has a 2 channel × 3 configuration.
The digital signal to the control terminal turns “ON” the
corresponding switch of each channel a large amplitude signal
(VCC − VEE) can then be switched by the small logical amplitude
(VCC − GND) control signal.
For example, in the case of VCC = 5 V, GND = 0 V, VEE = −5 V,
signals between −5 V and +5 V can be switched from the logical
circuit with a single power supply of 5 V. As the ON-resistance of
each switch is low, they can be connected to circuits with low
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 30 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
VEE = 0 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• Compatible with TTL output: VIH = 2.0 V (min)
VIL = 0.8 V (max)
• Wide interfacing ability: LSTTL, NMOS, CMOS
• Low ON resistance: RON = 50 Ω (typ.) at VCC − VEE = 9 V
• High noise immunity: THD = 0.02% (typ.) at VCC − VEE = 9 V
• Pin and function compatible with 4053B
: 0.18 g (typ.)
: 0.06 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production