CMOS Digital Integrated Circuits Silicon Monolithic
1. Functional Description
• Low-Voltage Hex Schmitt Inverter with 3.6-V Tolerant Inputs and Outputs
The TC74VCX14FT is a high-performance CMOS Schmitt inverter which is guaranteed to operate from 1.2 V to
3.6 V. Designed for use in 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V or 3.3 V systems, it achieves high-speed operation while maintaining
the CMOS low power dissipation.
It is also designed with over-voltage tolerant inputs and outputs up to 3.6 V.
Pin configuration and function are the same as the TC74VCX04FT but the inputs have hysteresis and with its
Schmitt trigger function, the TC74VCX14FT can be used as a line receivers which will receive slow input signals.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static discharge.
(1) Wide operating temperature range: Topr = -40 to 125 (Note 1)
(2) Low-voltage operation: VCC = 1.2 to 3.6 V
(3) High-speed operation: tpd = 4.0 ns (max) (VCC = 3.0 to 3.6 V)
tpd = 4.3 ns (max) (VCC = 2.3 to 2.7 V)
tpd = 8.6 ns (max) (VCC = 1.65 to 1.95 V)
tpd = 17.2 ns (max) (VCC = 1.4 to 1.6 V)
tpd = 43.0 ns (max) (VCC = 1.2 V)
(4) Output current: IOH/IOL = ±24 mA (min) (VCC = 3.0 V)
IOH/IOL = ±18 mA (min) (VCC = 2.3 V)
IOH/IOL = ±6 mA (min) (VCC = 1.65 V)
IOH/IOL = ±2 mA (min) (VCC = 1.4 V)
(5) Latch-up performance: -300 mA
(6) ESD performance: Human Body Model ≥ ±2000 V
(7) 3.6 V tolerant function and power-down protection provided on all inputs and outputs.
Note 1: Operating Range spec of Topr = -40 to 125 is applicable only for the products which manufactured after
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production