CMOS Digital Integrated Circuits Silicon Monolithic
1. Functional Description
• 16-Bit Dual Supply Bus Transceiver
The TC74VCX163245 is a dual supply, advanced high-speed CMOS 16-bit dual supply voltage interface bus
transceiver fabricated with silicon gate CMOS technology.
It is also designed with over voltage tolerant inputs and outputs up to 3.6 V.
Designed for use as an interface between a 1.8 V or 2.5 V bus and a 2.5 V or 3.6 V bus in mixed 1.8 V or 2.5 V/2.5
V or 3.6 V supply systems.
The B-port interfaces with the 1.8 V or 2.5 V bus, the A-port with the 2.5 V or 3.6 V bus.
The direction of data transmission is determined by the level of the DIR input. The enable input (OE) can be used
to disable the device so that the buses are effectively isolated.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static discharge or transient excess voltage.
3. Features (Note)
(1) Wide operating temperature range: Topr = -40 to 125 (Note 1)
(2) Operating voltage: 1.8 V-2.5 V / 1.8 V-3.6 V / 2.5 V-3.6 V bidirectional interface
(3) High-speed operation: tpd = 7.0 ns (max) (VCCB = 1.8±0.15 V, VCCA = 2.5±0.2 V)
tpd = 7.1 ns (max) (VCCB = 1.8±0.15 V, VCCA = 3.3±0.3 V)
tpd = 4.6 ns (max) (VCCB = 2.5±0.2 V, VCCA = 3.3±0.3 V)
(4) Output current: IOH/IOL = ±24 mA (min) (VCC = 3.0 V)
IOH/IOL = ±18 mA (min) (VCC = 2.3 V)
IOH/IOL = ±6 mA (min) (VCC = 1.65 V)
(5) Latch-up performance: -300 mA
(6) ESD performance: Human Body Model ≥ ±2000 V
(7) 3.6 V tolerant function and power-down protection provided on all inputs and outputs.
Note: Do not apply a signal to any bus pins when it is in the output mode. Damage may result.
All floating (high impedance) bus pins must have their input levels fixed by means of pull-up or pull-down
Note 1: Operating Range spec of Topr = -40 to 125 is applicable only for the products which manufactured after
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production