CD Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Stepping Motor Driver IC
The TC78S600FNG/FTG is a PWM constant-current type
stepping motor driver IC designed for sinusoidal-input
micro-step control of stepping motors.
The TC78S600FNG/FTG can be used in applications that
require 1-2-phase, W1-2-phase, 2W1-2 phase, and 4W1-2 phase
excitation modes. The TC78S600FNG/FTG is capable of forward
and reverse driving of a 2-phase bipolar stepping motor using
only a clock signal.
• Motor power supply voltage: VM = 15V (max)
• Control power supply voltage: Vcc = 2.7 to 5.5V (operation
• Output current: Iout ≤ 0.8A (max)
• Output ON-resistance: Ron = 1.2Ω (upper and lower sum)
• Decoder that enables micro step control with the clock signal
• Selectable phase excitation modes (1-2, W1-2, 2W1-2, and
Weight: SSOP20-P-225-0.65A 0.09g(typ.)
• Internal pull-down resistors on inputs: 200 kΩ (typ.)
• Output monitor pin ( MO )
• Over current protection (ISD), Thermal shutdown (TSD) circuit, and Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) circuit.
• Package: SSOP20 and QFN24
• Fast decay: always 12.5%
• Built-in cross conduction protection circuit
• This product has a MOS structure and is sensitive to electrostatic discharge. When handling this product, ensure
that the environment is protected against electrostatic discharge by using an earth strap, a conductive mat and an
ionizer. Ensure also that the ambient temperature and relative humidity are maintained at reasonable levels.
• Do not insert devices in the wrong orientation or incorrectly. Otherwise, it may cause the device breakdown,
damage and/or deterioration.
© 2014 TOSHIBA Corporation