CMOS Digital Integrated Circuits Silicon Monolithic
1. Functional Description
• Low-Voltage, Low-Power 8-Bit Dual-Supply Bus Switch
The TC7MPB9307FT is a CMOS 8-bit dual-supply bus switch that can provide an interface between two nodes
at different voltage levels.
The TC7MPB9307FT can be connected to two independent power supplies. VCCA supports 1.8 V, 2.5 V and 3.3
V power supplies, whereas VCCB supports 2.5 V, 3.3 V and 5.0 V power supplies.
Bidirectional level-shifting is possible by simply adding external pull-up resistors between the An/Bn data lines
and the VCCA/VCCB supplies. There is no restriction on the relative magnitude of the An and Bn voltages; both
the An and Bn data lines can be pulled up to arbitrary power supplies.
The Output Enable (OE) input controls the connection or isolation of two bus systems on the VCCA and VCCB sides.
The OE input is common for all the eight bits of the data lines; thus the TC7MPB9307FT is used as a single eight-
bit bus switch. When OE is Low, the switch is on, and An is connected to Bn. When OE is High, the switch is open.
The TC7MPB9307FT supports power-down protection at the OE input, with OE being 5.5 V tolerant.
The channels consist of n-type MOSFETs.
All the inputs provide protection against electrostatic discharge.
(1) Wide operating temperature range: Topr = -40 to 125 (Note 1)
(2) Operating voltage: 1.8 V to 2.5 V / 1.8 V to 3.3 V / 1.8 V to 5.0 V / 2.5 V to 3.3 V / 2.5 V to 5.0 V /
3.3 V to 5.0 V bidirectional interface
(3) Operating voltage: VCCA = 1.65 to 5.0 V, VCCB = 2.3 to 5.5 V
(4) Low ON-resistance: RON = 5.0 Ω (typ.) @ VIS = 0 V, IIS = 30 mA, VCCA = 3.0 V, VCCB = 4.5 V
(5) ESD performance: Machine mode ≥ ±200 V, Human body model ≥ ±2000 V
(6) 5.5 V tolerance and power-down protection at the Output Enable input.
(7) Packages: TSSOP20
Note 1: Operating Range spec of Topr = -40 to 125 is applicable only for the products which manufactured after
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production