TOSHIBA CMOS Linear Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
300 mA CMOS Low Drop-Out Regulator with inrush current protection circuit
The TCR3DG series are CMOS general-purpose single-output
voltage regulators with an on/off control input, featuring low dropout
voltage, low output noise voltage and low inrush current.
These voltage regulators are available in fixed output voltages
between 1.0 V and 4.5 V and capable of driving up to 300 mA.
They feature over-current protection, thermal shut down function,
Inrush current protection circuit and Auto-discharge function.
The TCR3DG series are offered in the ultra small package
WCSP4E(0.645mm x 0.645mm; t 0.40mm). It has a low dropout
voltage of 160 mV (3.2 V output, IOUT = 300 mA) with low output
Weight : 0.34 mg (Typ.)
noise voltage of 38 μVrms (2.5 V output) and a load transient
response of only ⊿VOUT = ±80 mV ( IOUT = 1 mA⇔300 mA, COUT =1.0 μF).
As small ceramic input and output capacitors can be used with the TCR3DG series, these devices are ideal for portable
applications that require high-density board assembly such as cellular phones.
• Low Drop-Out voltage
VIN-VOUT = 160 mV (Typ.) at 3.2 V-output, IOUT = 300 mA
• Low output noise voltage
VNO = 38 μVrms (Typ.) at 2.5 V-output, IOUT = 10 mA, 10 Hz <= f <= 100 kHz
• Fast load transient response (⊿VOUT = ±80 mV (Typ.) at IOUT = 1 ⇔ 300 mA, COUT =1.0 μF )
• High ripple rejection ( R.R = 70 dB (Typ.) at 2.5V-output, IOUT = 10 mA, f =1kHz )
• Over current protection
• Thermal shut down function
• Inrush current protection circuit
• Auto-discharge function
• Pull down connection between CONTROL and GND
• Ceramic capacitors can be used ( CIN = 1.0μF, COUT =1.0 μF )
• Ultra small package WCSP4E (0.645 mm x 0.645 mm ; t 0.40 mm )
Start of commercial production