TOSHIBA CMOS Linear Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
Ultra low quiescent current, Fast Load Transient 300 mA CMOS Low Drop-Out Regulator in
ultra small package
The TCR3UM series are CMOS general-purpose single-output voltage
regulators with an on/off control input, featuring ultra low quiescent bias
current and low dropout voltage.
These voltage regulators are available in fixed output voltages between 0.8
V and 5.0 V and capable of driving up to 300 mA. They feature Over-current
protection, Thermal Shutdown function and Auto-discharge.
The TCR3UM series is offered in the ultra small plastic mold package
DFN4 (1.0 mm x 1.0 mm; t 0.60 mm (max)) and has a low dropout voltage of
196 mV (3.3 V output, IOUT = 300 mA). As small ceramic input and output
capacitors 1 μF can be used with the TCR3UM series, these devices are
ideal for portable applications that require high-density board assembly such
as cellular phones, IoT equipment and wearable devices.
BOTTOM VIEW ILLUSTRATION
Weight: 1.3 mg (typ.)
Power IC developed for portable applications, IoT equipment and wearable devices
• Ultra small package DFN4 (1.0 mm x 1.0 mm; t 0.60 mm (max)).
• Low quiescent bias current ( IB = 0.34 μA (typ.) at IOUT = 0 mA, output voltage up to 1.5 V)
• High Ripple rejection ratio 70 dB at 0.8 V-output
• Fast Load transient response -51/+36 mV at 0.8 V-output, IOUT = 1 mA ⇔ 50 mA
• Low Drop-Out voltage
VIN-VOUT = 196 mV (typ.) at 3.3 V-output, IOUT = 300 mA
• Wide range output voltage line up (VOUT = 0.8 to 5.0 V)
• High VOUT accuracy ± 1.0 % (1.8 V ≤ VOUT)
• Overcurrent protection
• Thermal Shutdown function
• Inrush current protection circuit
• Pull down connection between CONTROL and GND
• Ceramic capacitors can be used (CIN = 1 μF, COUT = 1 μF)
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production