TOSHIBA CMOS Linear Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
800 mA CMOS Ultra Low Dropout Regulator
The TCR8BM series are CMOS single-output voltage regulators with an
on/off control input, featuring ultra low dropout voltage, high PSRR, low
inrush current and fast load transient response.
A differentiating feature is the use of a secondary bias rail as a reference
voltage that allows ultra low dropout of 170 mV (Typ.) at IOUT = 800 mA ( 1.1
V output, VBIAS = 3.3 V ).
These voltage regulators are available in fixed output voltages between 0.8
V and 3.6 V, and capable of driving up to 800 mA. Other features include
overcurrent protection, thermal shutdown, and Auto-discharge.
The TCR8BM series are offered in the ultra small plastic mold package
DFN5B (1.2 mm x 1.2 mm; t 0.38 mm).
As small ceramic input and output capacitors can be used with the
TCR8BM series, these devices are ideal for portable applications that require
high-density board assembly such as cellular phones.
Weight : 1.4 mg ( Typ.)
• Low dropout voltage
VDO = 170 mV (Typ.) at 1.1 V output, VBIAS = 3.3 V , IOUT = 800 mA
• Low stand-by current ( IBIAS(OFF) = 1 μA (Max))
• Low quiescent bias current ( IBIAS(ON) = 20 μA (Typ.) at VBIAS = 5.5 V, IOUT = 0 mA )
• Wide range output voltage line up ( VOUT = 0.8 to 3.6 V )
• Overcurrent protection
• Thermal shutdown
• Inrush current reduction
• Under voltage lockout (TCR8BMxxA products)
• Pull down connection between CONTROL and GND
• Ultra small package DFN5B (1.2 mm x 1.2 mm ; t 0.38 mm )
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production