The THNCF***MAA series CompactFlash™ card is a flash technology based with ATA interface flash memory card. It is
constructed with flash disk controller chip and NAND-type （Toshiba） flash memory device. The CompactFlash™ card
operates in both 5-Volt and 3.3-Volt power supplies. It comes in capacity of 8, 16, 32, 48, 64, 96, 128, 160, 192, 256, 320,
384 and up to 512 MB unformatted for type-I card. Emulating IDE hard disk drives and being certified in accordance with the
CompactFlash™ Certification Plan it is a perfect choice of solid-state mass-storage cards for battery backup handheld
devices such as Digital Camera, Audio Player, PDA, or the applications which require high environment tolerance with high
performance sustained write speed.
Certified in accordance with the CompactFlash™ Certification Plan
Substantially compatible with PC Card standard and PC Card ATA
Support for CIS implemented with 256 bytes of attribute memory
ATA command set compatible
Support for 8- or 16-bit host transfers
Programmable and auto-wait-state generation for compatibility with any host speed using IORDY
Fast ATA host-to-buffer burst transfer rates up to 20 Mbytes/second
Supports PIO mode 4, both at 16.6 Mbytes/second
Buffer transfer rates to and from flash memory up to 12.5 Mbytes/second
Sustained write : up to 1.5 Mbytes/second (8MB~48MB), 3.2 Mbytes/second(64MB~512MB)
Sustained read : up to 5.6Mbytes/second
Card capacity of 8, 16, 32, 48, 64, 96, 128, 160, 192, 256, 320, 384 and up to 512 MB Mbytes available
Single +5 Volt or 3.3 Volt power supply and very low power consumption with automatic power management.
CompactFlash™ is a trademark of SanDisk Corporation and is licensed royalty-free to the CFA, which in turn will license it
royal-free to CFA members.
CFA: CompactFlash™ Association.
• TOSHIBA is continually working to improve the quality and the reliability of its products. Nevertheless, semiconductor
devices in general can malfunction or fail due to their inherent electrical sensitivity and vulnerability to physical stress. It
is the responsibility of the buyer, when utilizing TOSHIBA products, to observe standards of safety, and to avoid
situations in which a malfunction or failure of a TOSHIBA product could cause loss of human life, bodily injury or damage
to property. In developing your designs, please ensure that TOSHIBA products are used within specified operating
ranges as set forth in the most recent products specifications. Also, please keep in mind the precautions and conditions
set forth in the TOSHIBA Semiconductor Reliability Handbook.
• Please do not use this device in the following applications
- special applications such as military related equipment, nuclear reactor control, and aerospace.
- control devices for automotive vehicles, train, ship and traffic equipment
- safety system for disaster prevention and crime prevention
- medical related equipment including medical measurement devices.
TOSHIBA do not guarantee any liability for loss or damage caused by the use in these applications.
• The products described in this document are subject to foreign exchange and foreign trade laws.
• The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is
assumed by TOSHIBA CORPORATION for any infringements of intellectual property or other rights of the third parties
which may result from its use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property or other
rights of TOSHIBA CORPORATION or others.
• The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.