TOSHIBA SMALL FORM FACTOR CARD
The THNCFxxxxMA series CompactFlash™ card is a flash technology based with ATA interface flash memory
card. It is constructed with flash disk controller chip and NAND-type （Toshiba） flash memory device. The
CompactFlash™ card operates in both 5-Volt and 3.3-Volt power supplies. It comes in capacity of 64, 128, 256,
512MB, 768MB and up to 1GB unformatted for type-I card. Emulating IDE hard disk drives and being certified in
accordance with the CompactFlash™ Certification Plan it is a perfect choice of solid-state mass-storage cards for
battery backup handheld devices such as Digital Camera, Audio Player, PDA, or the applications which require
• CompactFlash™ Compatibility
• Certified in accordance with the CompactFlash™ Certification Plan
• Substantially compatible with PC Card standard and PC Card ATA
• Support for CIS implemented with 256 bytes of attribute memory
• ATA/IDE interface
• ATA command set compatible
• Support for 8- or 16-bit host transfers
• Programmable and auto-wait-state generation for compatibility with any host speed using IORDY
• High performance
• Supports PIO mode 4, both at 16.6 Mbytes/second theoretically
• Sustained write : max 1.5 Mbytes/second in ATA PIO mode 4
• Sustained read : max 6.5Mbytes/second in ATA PIO mode 4
• Single +5 Volt or 3.3 Volt power supply and automatic power management.
Notes: CompactFlash™ is a trademark of SanDisk Corporation and is licensed royalty-free to the CFA, which in turn will license it
royal-free to CFA members.
CFA: CompactFlash™ Association.