• Security Systems
• Factory Automation (FA)
• Measuring Instruments
• Battery Management System (BMS) (Non-Automotive)
• Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
• Mechanical relay replacements
The Toshiba TLP176AM consists of an infrared LED coupled to a photo-MOSFET in a 4-pin SO6 package. This
photorelay has higher output current rating than phototransistor-type photocoupler; hence, it is suitable for use
as On/Off control for high current.
For details, see "Devices in Halogen-Free Resin Packages" at the end of this datasheet.
(2) Operating temperature range: 110 (max)
(3) Normally opened (1-Form-A)
(4) OFF-state output terminal voltage: 60 V (min)
(5) Trigger LED current: 3 mA (max)
(6) ON-state current: 700 mA (max)
(7) ON-state resistance: 2 Ω (max)
(8) Isolation voltage: 3750 Vrms (min)
(9) Safety standards
UL-recognized: UL 1577, File No.E67349
cUL-recognized: CSA Component Acceptance Service No.5A File No.E67349
UL-recognized: UL 508, File No.E499232 (Note 1)
VDE-approved: EN 60747-5-5 (Note 2)
Note 1: Please refer Absolute Maximum Ratings (UL-recognized UL 508) for UL 508 products.
Note 2: When a VDE approved type is needed, please designate the Option (V4).
Table 3.1 Mechanical Parameters
Internal isolation thickness
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Start of commercial production