Photocouplers GaAℓAs Infrared LED & Photo IC
• Intelligent Power Module Signal Isolation
• Factory Automation (FA)
• Industrial Inverters
The TLP2304 consists of a GaAℓAs light-emitting diode optically coupled with an integrated highgain,
highspeed photodetector and is housed in the SO6 package. It supports operating temperatures of up to 125.
The photodetector has an internal Faraday shield that provides a guaranteed common-mode transient immunity
of ±20 kV/µs.
The TLP2304 guarantees minimum and maximum of propagation delay time, pulse width distortion. Therefore
it is suitable for isolation interface between IPM and control IC circuits in motor control application.
(1) Inverter logic type (open collector output)
(2) Package: SO6
(3) Data transfer rate: 1 MBd (typ.) (NRZ)
(4) Threshold input current: 5 mA (max)
(5) Supply voltage: -0.5 to 30 V
(6) Operating temperature: -40 to 125
(7) Supply current: 1.3 mA (max)
(8) Common-mode transient immunity: ±20 kV/µs (min)
(9) Isolation voltage: 3750 Vrms (min)
(10) Safety standards
UL-approved: UL1577, File No.E67349
cUL-approved: CSA Component Acceptance Service No.5A File No.E67349
VDE-approved: EN60747-5-5, EN62368-1 (Note 1)
Note 1: When a VDE approved type is needed, please designate the Option (V4).
4. Packaging and Pin Assignment
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
5: VO (Output)
Start of commercial production